Commercial and Investment Laws of the MENA Region
Mena Chambers advises its clients in all aspects of commercial laws, investment laws, energy law and policy, and the regulatory policies of countries in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA). Our areas of expertise include:
- Commercial and investment laws and related regulations
- All regulatory and policy aspects of the energy sector, including renewables
- Public-private partnerships and joint ventures in infrastructure and utilities
- International commercial and investment arbitration
- Islamic law (Shari’ah) and Islamic finance
- Regulatory reforms.
In addition, we offer our clients the following services:
- Assisting the MENA region governments with all aspects of public international law, including the assessment, preparation and negotiation of international agreements
- Assessing the investment climate of a given state or region, including its current regulations, policies, and examining potential commercial contracts with governments, public bodies and private entities
- Representing client interests in negotiating, preparing and concluding commercial and investment agreements
- Assisting public and private clients in managing and resolving commercial and investment disputes
- Supporting clients in enforcing arbitral awards in various jurisdictions.
In addition to our Brussels-based expertise, Mena Chambers’ network of external experts are drawn from all fields of law and from various jurisdictions, including: Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Jordan, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco. This combination ensures that clients receive the most informed and thorough advice on the wide range of issues specific to the Middle East and North Africa.